24 March 2013

Using Similes

Last week we were learning to use a simile in our writing about ourselves.  A simile uses the words 'like' or 'as' when we are making a comparison between two things that are not alike.  For example: Sadness is as dark as the sky on a starless night.  Here are some of our attempts:

Kruze
My hands are like wriggly worms.  My nose is pointy like sharp teeth and my eyes are like brown bark.

Truze
My hair is dark brown like my teddy bear and it is fluffy. We like my teddy bear.

Wynter
My arm is like a wobbly snake and my teeth are like hard metal and sharp like a shark.  My hair is like prickly grass.  My nose curves like a worm.

Taonga
My mouth is like a door opening and shutting when I talk and my hands are like sticks.

Isabel
My hair is shimmery like a pond of water.  My eyes are like the inside of a treasure chest.  My smile line is like a wiggly worm.  My teeth are like shark fins.  My fingers are like octopus tentacles. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Room15
    Wow your caterpillar hatched into a butterfly when it was ready to fly did you put the butterfly in your hand and let it fly ? I wish I get to see it hatched.


    from:Jeszmuel

    ReplyDelete

Term 3 Week 1

 Kia ora e te whānau.  Welcome to term 3. We have started the term with 3 new students, so we welcome them to our Room 15 whānau. This week ...