10 June 2013

Shadow Writing


Last week we were looking for  rays of sunshine between the showers to draw our shadows.  We had fun discovering that the length of our shadow is due to the position of the sun at a particular time of day.

Today shadows went to the next level.  Faster than a bull racing after a red car!  I posed as a tiger with fake ears.  My partner had to trace around my shadow.  The size wasn’t my size for sure.  It was too stretchy.  Soon we are going to check if our shadows have moved.  I was wondering if it would?  At lunchtime my friend Scania just came down from checking the shadows up top and my shadow had moved.  It was so exciting.  “Wow” I gasped.  It was as amazing as a buried treasure being shared for free.  “Woohoo” I yelled in joy galore spreading the news to the class faster than a cheetah!   Isabel


My shadow is a copycat.  It copies what I do.  My shadow is dark.  It’s fun to play with your shadow.  My shadow can be long, short, tall and small.  Shahil
I was racing down the road to buy chocolate cake.  I was running and a shadow was following me.  Maybe he was playing tag with me.  I was running really fast.  I stopped and the shadow stopped too.  I don’t know what happened to the shadow?  It was black.  I couldn’t catch the shadow.   Guru




1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading these stories.Pippa

    ReplyDelete

Term 3 Week 1

 Kia ora e te whānau.  Welcome to term 3. We have started the term with 3 new students, so we welcome them to our Room 15 whānau. This week ...